Monday, June 13, 2011

Nature...what a wonderful thing

Recently I entered a photo into a photo contest in FOTKI which I have been a member of since 2005 but let it lapse and had to rejoin....The closest I got to the top 10 winners was spot 4..which I was kind of proud of the photo but looked at it as I could have done better....We are our worst critics...
I have been recently working on my yard because I want to photograph birds....So daily I go out there and sit at my table with my camera ready to shoot....In the previous years I have only been able to catch the Baltimore Oriole in a tree or just hear him singing..but in the past few weeks he has become a regular in my yard and I have been able to capture some fantastic shots of him and her feeding. They are no longer timid with me around...or they just love my grape jelly to death....Above is the photo which took 3rd place....I see it and still think I can do better...(looking for donations to buy a 500mm Nikon lenses (chuckles) it costs anywhere from $1500. to $3000.
My latest photo of Mr. B Oriole I think is better....but as of right now everyone here on the lake think it's awesome that my setup in my yard is bringing in more birds and with a variance of colors....Guess I just picked the right grape jelly..or maybe its the bowl I have it in...but whatever the reason  this pair just keep coming back to eat more jelly.....

Meet Mr. Blue Jay...he sits by my window all day and talks to me if I am at my computer wanting me to go outside....he doesn't fly away when I approach him either he just hops around my yard and always looks up to make sure me and my camera are pointed in his direction...what a clown....

I put  3 of my prints in a showing which hangs at the Cherry Hill Ice Cream Parlor they will hang there for a month.

Well that's whats happening in my world...

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment